20080408

Our world is in a dissarray, you should try this song

Kevin Devine ... Lord, I Know We Don't Talk ... the song: In a motel room, with the Bible out, combin' scripture for answers about what's happen'n now ... 'cause I can't believe my eyes, and I just don't trust my ears, but I've heard a man can always come find some solace here ... Lord, I know that we don't talk, often at all anymore ... but desperate folks do desperate things so I'm staplin' this note to your door ... please, turn the ship around, and lock the course in place, and keep the train tracks nailed to the ground, but pull the emergency brakes ... 'cause I've lost my faith in man just like I once lost faith in you, and I've been covering all kinds of ground thinkin' hard 'bout what else I could lose ... and I know how I look to come crawlin' back, actin' like you owe me proof, but this is bigger than me, I think it's bigger than you too ... ... so if this gets to you, yea, if you ever come home, just know I won't be awaitin' the postman, I will not be glued to my phone ... I'll know a change has come, I'll know that you exist when all our bombs stop explodin' and when all of those land mines are stripped, and we stop blowin' up strangers houses and makin' orphans of innocent kids ... and people stop thinkin' the world's theirs for the takin' 'cause your world once told them it is ... 'til then I'm gonna shake my head, I'm gonna bite my tongue when people tell me have faith and be patient, we're waiting for God to show up ... yea 'til then, it's one more skeptical song ... but I'll be glad as hell if you come prove me wrong.

No comments: