20090123

Bullfrog Thoughts

I can’t believe the arrogance of some people. That whole, “older than you, more experience than you” crap doesn’t go far with me. Something else that doesn’t go far with me is when people choose not to be reviewed by some one that would criticize them. Obviously anyone would want a favorable review, but if you know that anyone you ask will be negative, that should be a sign to you that you are doing something wrong. Or maybe you need to adjust your arrogant smug attitude. You are not as cool, smart, and awesome as you think you are Mr. Coworker. I don’t mind listening to you vent, I don’t mind supporting your endeavors, but you need to cut this whole Holy attitude, it’s old and annoying.

So to bust away from my negative mood, last night Eva and I began making the 100+ baby shower invitations we set out to make. We got them printed, cut, and attached. We only have the finishing touches left. It has been pretty exciting, so I’m glad we got to do them. It’s surely a favorite thing of ours to do. We listened to some Toots and rocked out with too much caffeine. The house was smoky because of course Jami was baking that night. What a little chef he is! I was however happy to get home and shower and head to bed, it’s one of my favorite parts of the day, when I get to snuggle with my babies. They were extra needy because I was gone and they hadn’t gotten to love on me enough. It quickly faded, as Bella stretched out and rolled onto her back, quickly into her snoring routine, and Riley was fast asleep running in a dream, we were all quickly contorted. I couldn’t fall asleep quite so easy though. My heart was beating in my throat, probably from too much caffeine. I tried to think pleasant thoughts, it didn’t seem to work, and it only emphasized the beating in my throat. I had even thought for a moment I looked like a bullfrog! I don’t know what thought finally put me to sleep, but I didn’t sleep well at all. At some points in the night I was cold or had a dog quietly snoring in my ear. Once awake, I’d struggle through trying to sleep again, going through the whole bullfrog thoughts again. When I was awaken by my alarm this morning, I only recall part of my dream, and that was me getting my hand stamped to go into a club of some sort. My mom was with me. I don’t know where we were, or what we were planning on doing. Surely that would have been a fun dream! I’m glad I don’t recall any dead people in this dream!

Anyway, onto the word of the day . . .
Air hair: The thinning hair that you can see right through atop a balding man’s head.
In use: In the last seasons of his classic sitcom, Jerry Seinfeld’s air hair became quite noticeable.

Until next time . . .

No comments: