20090202

Monday Mourning

It’s a Monday mourning ant brigade, or so that’s how it feels. This past weekend was pretty busy and lazy all at the same time. For starters, Eva’s real surprise party was on Saturday at a winery in Maryville. It was a great party; everyone in general drank way too much. I was glad to see Paul and Meghan show up. Rachel is in great preggo form. My knees are really sore though, either from dancing or stairs. In either case that meant that Sunday was spent lying down with a pillow propped beneath my knees and an ice pack on top of them. The left one is better; the right one is still swollen. The ‘Big Game’ was on Sunday as well. I am anti-Kurt W., so I was SO glad the Steelers won. Don’t even get me started on my tangent about why I am anti-Kurt. The guy just drives me nuts and we can leave it at that. I’m sure he is a good person, and I have no right to judge him, but if we are picking teams, I choose the non-Kurt team, that simple. There was a commercial about sheep too! Sheep are awesome. It was a Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head commercial; they were driving and almost hit sheep! I have to admit though, that I was more interested in the CSI marathon running on Spike than the actual game or its commercials.

So my blogs suffered from this weekend. I chose not to take the time to write, mostly because I like writing at my work desk more than from home. I’m not sure if it’s because I feel lazy at home, or if it is just the setup of my desk, in either case (my phrase of the day), I love my desk at work. I was never able to get pictures for my Picture A Day With Madness blog; I didn’t write in my others, and I didn’t create what will be my newest blog for the travelling sheep. I feel like a total slacker. I have also noticed a correlation between drinking and my depression. I need to focus on not drinking any more. I find I am unable to drink one or two drinks and moderate myself; I hate the way I can’t remember tiny details; I hate not knowing what I did if I did anything at all; I hit and kiss people a lot when I drink and that makes me feel foolish. Anyway, I will take the opportunity to drink on Mardi Gras, and then I’m done I think. I don’t like feeling depressed, so I know how I can at least help myself in one tiny way.

For those of you wondering how the job situation is playing out, I still have my job, and several people were cut last Friday.

I also wanted to get a Happy Birthday out to my sister who I never got around to saying Happy B-day to! If it makes you feel any better I only just now got around to mailing out my friend Kelly’s birthday card one month late. I’m really slacking these days. I need to get with you to give you the kids’ Christmas gifts . . . still.

Anyway, to all, I will now leave you with the words of the weekend and today!

Lawyer ball: The art of playing the rules of the game instead of playing the game. For example, trying to work out a walk in slow-pitch soft ball. In use:
Dad: Hit it out of the park boy!
Son: Don’t pressure me, I’m trying to work the count.
Dad: Don’t play lawyer ball son!


Fire hazard: A man who is utterly in denial of his homosexuality (in the closet) despite the fact that he is clearly gay to the objective observer (flaming). In use: Hey, Mike, Jessica’s fire hazard of a husband was checking out your butt again.

So until next time . . .

No comments: