20090424

Plans for the Day? Arbor Day, Picnic, Books, Smile!

I have stuff to say today. [I know, I know, you are thinking, You always have stuff to say, you never shut up! (ha ha, not that case this week)] Too bad, so sad, now read!

--It's Friday, yes indeed, joy comes just waking up and knowing that I get to relax on the day after Friday! [Side note, today is HOK's Arbor Day picnic. I work for HOK, I am a member of the Arbor Day Association, I will be posting my first HOK blog about today's picnic!]

--I finished reading Let the Right One In. Bittersweet; that is about the best I can explain. My favorite character was Lacke [go figure, the alcoholic].

--I started reading Sundays at Tiffany's. I have read a line or two in the book that I think is so wonderful I want to repeat it here, and will repeat it for many years to come.
"Love means you can never be apart. So we'll never be apart Jane, because I love you so much. I'll always, always love you."
That is what is said between a girl, Jane, and her imaginary friend Michael. It's sweet to say the least and inspiring.

--I saw a picture in a blog this morning that made me laugh. Please go check it out if you have the time: Views From the Street; look at line number 9. I also commented about this post.

--I told myself, "today, all day I am going to keep a smile on my face". It's easier to say than to do, and it's only easy to do because it's Friday, it's a beautiful day, and because I'm going to have a picnic. I know you don't care that I'm going to smile today so that's not the point here. What I wanted to say is that I have gotten two compliments already today. The bus driver said "you look pretty today", and then walking into my building, the security man said "what a beautiful smile, it's infectious". Wow, I should make myself smile more often. You should try it too, just to see how many people you can make smile just by looking at them with a smile!

So, with that said, what are your plans for the day? . . . and how many people do you think you can get to smile by just smiling at them?



Word-
back issue:
1. Old News
2. Something or someone that had its time, but has since faded from the scene.

No comments: