20090521

I Am A Jeenyus!

Some days I wake up and feel like crap, other days I wake up and feel like worse crap. So, you can imagine my surprise when yesterday I went to bed feeling like a genius and woke up feeling like Ein-freaking-stein! This is mostly because I wrote (with some studying) a php page for my website that allows me to upload photos to various directories on my website with password protection.

I know that there are those of you that just know this stuff like your first language, but this is my hobby. Websites are something I do for fun, therefore I don't know this stuff as well as I know math or English. I was very proud of myself. I'm sure you can understand!

Also this morning, I had to come up with a configuration for a truss. To give you a bit of a background, I am working on a project where we are hanging about 9 stories on each end of a building. Similar to a cantilever, but actually hung from above. (Read this article)! To do this, we are using trusses. For these trusses, we need to have another truss to tie the ends together. Simple, right? Well I had to come up with the configuration for this truss. I had an idea in my head. Turns out, Andrew had the same idea in his head. It's nice to get confirmation on things! Andrew really is a genius, so I feel good right now.

I totally rock!

On a side note, for those of you who continue to bitch about the words I use (fake or real), I suggest you go out and purchase a dictionary. A lot of my words may not be there (I make things up). A lot of my words will be there (all real baby). Try it sometime, I think you'll find I am less of a freak than you first thought! Actually no, you'll find I make up most of my words! :D

No comments: