20090709

Books and Psycho Killer

I have to report that yesdterday, I slept like a dream! I'm not sure if it had to do with the fact that I'd stayed up too late the night before; or if it was due to the fact I worked out at the gym for 2.5 hours; or if it was due to the yoga class I went to that really got my muscles good and stretched. In any case, it was exactly what I needed.

I just heard Psycho Killer (it played through on my iPod). I like that song, a Talking Heads song I always forget about. Odd though, singing fucking French. Speaking of French; I love that in the book Fool, by Christopher Moore, Pocket the fool will say "Moi?", "in perfect fucking French". If you read the book, you'll see what I mean. It's catchy!

In terms of books these days, I have a stack of borrowed books to get around to; for example, I have the Twilight series (which I expect to be cute, but perhaps not the best source for literary enticement) and I have another series of books Eva lent me that I can't even recall. I also have a small group of books that I bought but still haven't gottent through (either because I can't get interested or because I have gotten around to them).

And still yet on books, I did buy a David Sedaris book. After reading Moore, I am just really into wanting some good satires. There are only a few books left by Moore that I have not read, and to be honest, I want to drag them out for as long as I can. It's dissappointing to find an author you really enjoy who happens not to have a ridiculous amount of books to read. So anyway, if you know of any good satire authors, or really ANY good books, please send your suggestions my way! Please!

Anyway, so I'm dressed cute today, well as cute as I can make myself. I have a party for work this evening. It's the A List '09 Party! Very exciting! I'll be sure to report later!

Word-
weapons grade: Better than the rest, of higher quality.

No comments: