20090927

Bye Justin

It's one of those days when the temperature is just about perfect and the sun is shining down to warm the skin as the cool breeze brushes your hair around your face. It was so nice that I got off the train a stop early so I could walk the extra half mile to the building in which my office resides.

I am however a bit saddened today. I've known for some time that my blog crush Justin was up to something. You might recognize that I've had a blog crush for some time as I've written about him for about a half year now. Well today he posted his Two-Weeks Notice. Since initially "meeting" Justin, we've become friends on Facebook so I've been enlightened to his newest adventures which are always seemingly amusing [for example: "I had to stand in a trough to have a shower this morning", or "Anyone know how/where I can become a certified drivers-ed instructor?", and even as simple as "On a bus to London..."]. It'll just be sad to watch him go. I do have to say though, [I hope he reads this], Justin is much braver than I am. It takes a lot of courage to grasp the concept of being unhappy with a career choice; then to leave it behind and try something new. It's scary, and I commend him for his change! So I say good luck to him, but I know his luck from having read his blogs, there's really no point to wishing any luck to him! But he knows he has a pal in St. Louis, and that's just swell for now!

I did do something different yesterday, which consisted of going to a food demo show! I've done this once before though never blogged about it. A friend, Kelly S., works at a place called The Kitchen Conservatory. It's a cool place where they sell kitchen/cooking/baking items, but also where they teach cooking classes. What happens at the demo shows I've gone to, she [or the chef of the class] cooks a three course meal (and cocktail) in front of an audience of [at most] 14 people all stationed around a counter where she works. We the audience then get to eat her delicious food! Well, last night's was all about lavender [my favorite smell]. If you ever get the opportunity, please try the Honey-Lavendar Ice Cream. It was divine! You can read all about the stuff we got to try at Kelly's blog found at barbaricgulp.com!

Since I'm around today, I shall share a word...
amish: [urban slang definition] To be completely grounded and deprived of all means of modern technology. [a.k.a my mom]

2 comments:

Moon Over Martinborough said...

Think of it this way: you're on the blog-crush hunt now! There are so many crushable bloggers out there...

Stephy said...

I hadn't quite thought of that, I guess I am on a new blog-crush hunt!