20090924

Places That Are Not Other

Ever used bit.ly to shorten your links? If you have, you might ponder where the location "other" may refer to; and if you haven't, I wonder what the hell you do to pass the time!

bit.ly refuses thus far to tell me where "Other" could consist of, therefore, I have created a list of places it could be, and places it probably is not. [In bit.ly's defense, I haven't really bugged them about this issue]

I'll be updating this every time I find a new place that is not other...please let me know if you have any leads. Thanks.
Maybe Other?Probably Not
ChinaSlovenia
Principality of SealandUS
Pentagon "Basement"Ireland
My Brother Dusty's secret lairNetherlands
Outer SpaceRomania
CanadaCanada
Mauritius***Peru*
Ukraine*
Philippines**
Republic of Korea**
Mauritius***
Malta****
Bolivia****

[* added October 1 2009]
[** added July 22 2010]
[*** added July 27 2010]
[**** added October 7 2010]

Send me ideas by commenting, or by emailing me!

[post script] Further study shows that there is not only "Other", but "Other Countries" listed in bit.ly results, as seen in this screen shot...

No comments: