20091103

NaBloPoMo Day Three Post Three -V

I won't have time later so I'm writing early. I'm at work and the slave driver will be in soon, so I can't write too long....

My new life's strategy from coworker Jim: "Under promise and over deliver every time", set the bar low and you will succeed and avoid failure every time! I've tried this strategy a few times and failed anyway, so I can't say it'll be effective, but you never know right!

A very quick story and one word...

V
Years ago there was a television miniseries called "V". It stood for the "visitors" and was about aliens coming to take over Earth. I was probably 4 or maybe 5 at the time and therefore my older brother was about 6 or 7. We became instant fans as everyone in my household was a fervent fan of the thing called science fiction. We all still are to this day. Anyway, we were huge fans, we played "V" regularly. We made our own posters displaying the iconic red V, the symbol of the resistance(V for victory which was spray-painted over posters promoting Visitor friendship among humans). Eventually, the family moved to a new house a year or two later, and somewhere we managed to get our hands on some red spray paint. As you can guess Dusty and I painted the town red...or at least various parts of the backyard with the drippy red V!

Word
electile dysfunction (ED): The state of impotence and abject disinterest toward the political elective process.

BY THE WAY, IT'S ELECTION DAY, GO VOTE, YOU AIN'T GOT ED!

No comments: