20100107

Book of Lost Things

I just finished a lovely book, The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly. It was a great book with much taken from myths, folklore, and fairy tales. I have to admit that the ending was my favorite part. I won't share it, but will tell you that it has elements of well dressed talking animals [one of my bigger fears]; twisted fairy tales that end not quite like you expect yet the tales all end in some way that you some how did expect; the ending is sad and yet you smile by the shear happiness of it all. I recommend it indeed. On that note, I also think that @ibificus, @Emmet, and @FrankieP would rather enjoy it. First, well dressed talking animals. Second, great imagery for the mind that I think the likes of those fellas would appreciate. Third, it's twisted, and those three seem to like that which is twisted [or I assume since that what I gather from Twitter]!

WHERE AM I?

  • I am a North American city in the Rocky Mountains.

  • I am a stylish ski resort for the rich and famous.

  • I was once a rich silver mining center.

  • I am in Colorado.

  • I am located on the Roaring Fork River.

  • I share my name with a variety of tree.

  • I am the site of a music festival each summer.

  • John Denver moved here in the 1970s.


  • [Not quite so easy today]

    WORD

    passel: a large number or amount. [This word is similar to the words cuss and bust with respect that it comes from a "linguistic idiosyncrasy" where there is a loss of sound of "r" after a vowel and before a consonant in the middle of a word. curse-cuss; burst-bust]

    1 comment:

    Stephy said...

    Country Roads, Take Me Home