20100328

Fingerprints Don't Fade

Eva and I took some time out today to go see the movie Remember Me. I cried through several parts of the movie and silently thanked the movie dearly for comic relief. But all in all, it was a decent movie whose premise is sad and true. It mostly deals with death, love, lack of understanding, and the effect that one person can have on others' lives. The movie even begins with the Gandhi quote "Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it". For those of you intending to watch the movie, I won't elaborate, though I will provide you with a couple quotes from the movie...
Caroline asked me if I knew what I'd say if I knew you could hear me. I told her I know: I love you. God, I miss you. And I forgive you.-Tyler

If you could hear me, I would say that our finger prints don't fade from the lives we've touched. -Tyler

I guess I wanted to write about seeing the movie so I could emphasize something. The things we do, good and bad, they do leave fingerprints on someone else. We may not know it, but we may be the one thing that keeps someone smiling. We might also be the one thing that torments someone else, so maybe try not to be that person. We can't live worrying/working/stressing/being depressed every day. If you feel the need to compliment someone...forget social boundaries that might make you feel awkward...say something, it may be the only compliment that person receives. People are mean, but don't be bothered by them, not everyone will be mean to you, they just don't "get" you. Life really is short and we never know what tomorrow holds...make the most of the little things, the one's you love, and the one's that love you in return.

Now, go on and take a few seconds to list a few of the small things that get you by...

  • Snuggling with the dogs

  • Knowing that you can talk to some one who does not hear you, and knowing that really, they do

  • My shorter curly blond hair that goes where ever it wants when the humidity is high, no matter how much I hate it, I smile in the mirror

  • Incessant giggling that can't be stopped which incurs more giggling

  • The stuffed animal carcasses laying about the house...each with its own place so that cleaning is endless with carcasses ending up back where you removed them from

  • Always having a book on standby...never want to be left without reading material

  • Saying the perfect thing at the perfect time that gives you the confidence/pride tingle up the spine

  • Being able to relate to someone, for the simple matter of letting him know he is not alone

  • Finishing a project

  • Marking things off a list

  • My notebooks

  • The Notebook of Potter-Arbogast transcripts

  • Four leafed clovers

  • History

  • Battery chargers

No comments: