20100922

Do You Ever Feel OCD? Do You? Do You?

In random conversation at work today, I mentioned that one of my fears is losing my hair. I don't know why, it's just one of those things I fear (not quite as bad as drowning of course, and people with masks and painted faces). Crystal mentioned that she had read somewhere about symptoms of obsessive compulsive disorder (ocd) and in these symptoms was a small list of common fears of which hair loss was one. I certainly won't disagree that I can tend to be obsessive compulsive though I wouldn't say it's extreme. In fact, I think we all fall into the OCD category at times as a way to control the things that happen to us for which I find cognitive therapy helpful. Regardless, it got me wanting to look up symptoms and odd facts...so I thought I'd share! Here you are...
  • Preoccupied with details, rules, lists, order, organization, or schedules to the extent that the major point of the activity is lost. ..

  • Excessively devoted to work and productivity to the exclusion of leisure activities and friendships...

  • Unable to discard worn-out or worthless objects even when they have no sentimental value...

  • Shows significant rigidity and stubbornness...

  • Themed self obsessions such as fear of contamination or dirt; aggressive or horrific impulses; doubts that you've locked the door or turned off the stove; dermatitis because of frequent hand washing; hair loss or bald spots because of hair pulling..

  • Okay, making that list was fun, now off to bed so I can list things in alphabetical order until I fall asleep. :)



    Side note...posted over at BabyBlog

    No comments: