20100917

My Personality (Neurotic)

I read an HOK Work+Place blog today about how one's personality could affect the workspace. In that, Vivian included a link to a test for the "Big Five Model". I took it, and here are my results:

[To see my complete results, go here! My comments on the results are below, bracketed in italics.]

Scoring is out of 99.

EXTRAVERSION...............29
..Friendliness.............21
..Gregariousness...........25
..Assertiveness............57
..Activity Level...........82
..Excitement-Seeking.......22
..Cheerfulness.............12

Your score on Extraversion is low, indicating you are introverted, reserved, and quiet. You enjoy solitude and solitary activities. Your socializing tends to be restricted to a few close friends. [Yes, I do often like to be alone, I also avoid large crowds, and while I may appear to be loud and outgoing, I have to force myself to be that person.]

AGREEABLENESS..............34
..Trust....................29
..Morality.................20
..Altruism.................79
..Cooperation..............24
..Modesty..................60
..Sympathy.................43

Your level of Agreeableness is average, indicating some concern with others' Needs, but, generally, unwillingness to sacrifice yourself for others. [I'm disappointed that the results say I am unwilling to sacrifice myself, I think I sacrifice myself quite a bit when I can...however, the lack of trust and my real need for altruism I feel have shown up numerically. Morality of 20 pts...hmm, my morals are interesting I suppose]

CONSCIENTIOUSNESS..........63
..Self-Efficacy............64
..Orderliness..............60
..Dutifulness..............31
..Achievement-Striving.....48
..Self-Discipline..........65
..Cautiousness.............75

Your score on Conscientiousness is average. This means you are reasonably reliable, organized, and self-controlled. [Organized...been called that since childhood.]

NEUROTICISM................92
..Anxiety..................91
..Anger....................76
..Depression...............98
..Self-Consciousness.......66
..Immoderation.............52
..Vulnerability............93

Your score on Neuroticism is high, indicating that you are easily upset, even by what most people consider the normal demands of living. People consider you to be sensitive and emotional. [I am SO neurotic, I don't know how I didn't get those last 7 points!]

OPENNESS TO EXPERIENCE.....29
..Imagination..............53
..Artistic Interests.......19
..Emotionality.............81
..Adventurousness..........2
..Intellect................37
..Liberalism...............49

Your score on Openness to Experience is low, indicating you like to think in plain and simple terms. Others describe you as down-to-earth, practical, and conservative. [I really hate change. I'm also very down to earth, gravity can be our friend.]

[Side note...wrote over at BabyBlog]

No comments: